I spend the last hour or so filling out this Christmas meme. Take a look if you like:
01. Non-Jesus-related song? “All I want for Christmas” by Mariah Carey
02. Jesus-related song? “Lulajze Jezuniu” – a traditional Polish Christmas Song we sang on our choir concerts
03. Santa-related song? “I saw mommy kissing Santa Claus” by Jackson 5
04. Fictional character? Frau Holle from Grimm’s fairytales
05. Dinner’s main course? Goose
06. Dinner’s dessert? Actually we never have dessert afterwards, there’s just no room left 😉
07. Scent (pine, gingerbread, candles…)? Oranges and Spekulatius
08. Animated movie? A Christmas Carol but also The Polarexpress.
09. Non-animated movie? Three Nuts for Cinderella. It’s a great Czech fairytale movie!
10. Personal memory? My dad presenting me with a self-built dollhouse.
11. Story/Fairy Tale? Frau Holle and A Christmas Carol by Dickens. Also The Last Unicorn, it’s usually on TV around Christmas.
This or That
12. Candy cane or peppermint patties? Peppermint patties!
13. Sugar or gingerbread cookies? I am not a great fan of gingerbread, I prefer self-made Christmas cookies.
14. Tinsel or beaded strands? Tinsel!
15. Multi-colored or same-colored lights? Of course same-coloured.
16. Flashing or still lights? Still. Looks more like candles than.
17. Wreaths or mistletoe/holly? Actually none of both.
18. Rudolph or Frosty? Rudolph!
19. Sledding or snowball fights? Uhm, well. I am a little too old for that and my nephew is still too young. Ask me in 2 or 3 years again.
20. Snow or ice/icicles? Snow
21. Snow hat or earmuffs? A self-knitted red hat.
22. Getting or giving? Uhm, can I say both?
23. Snow days or plow trucks? A reasonable amount of snow without the ensuing traffic chaos please.
24. Stockings or presents? Always been presents although I thought about knitting stockings for my rabbits. 😀
25. Cookies & milk or letter to Santa? Neither.
26. Christmas Eve or Christmas Day? Christmas Eve! I never had to wait for Christmas Day, yeah!
27. Log Burning Channel or real thing? Nothing of the sort.
28. Cards or emails? Christmas Cards!
29. Shoveling or cleaning off the car? Again neither. I have a brother for that.
30. The Inn’s manger or the animals? Animals? Why, we have no crib, because my family is not religious.
31. Mary & Joseph or The Wise Men? Uhm, Mary & Joseph.
32. Hot cocoa or eggnog? That’s unfair. My stomach can’t cope with hot cocoa and I don’t drink any alcohol. I choose tea.
33. Jack Frost or Little Drummer Boy? Drummer boy, since Jack Frost is not really known hereabouts.
Yay or.. Ugh
34. Holiday shopping? Since I start early enough, yay.
35. Icy roads? I am a pedestrian, but it annoys me anyway. So ugh.
36. Limited driving visibility? Meaning traffic chaos, ugh.
37. Christmas carolers. We have no real carollers, but as someone from a choir I say yay!
38. Mall Santas? Ugh.
39. Salvation Army Santas? Ugh.
40. Blizzards? Ugh ugh.
41. 24/7 Holiday radio? Yay!
42. Freezing cold? Definite ugh.
43. Setting up the tree? Yay.
44. Wrapping presents? Yay.45. Visiting/seeing family? Yay.
46. Ad-Lib on “Rudolph…”? Yay.
47. Free mint red/white candy? If it’s for free, yay!
48. Belief in Santa Claus? Yay.
49. Chocolate countdown calendar? Yummy yay!
50. Peeking at your gifts (or by accident)? No! That’s unfair, ugh.
51. Making out with Santa under the mistletoe? A handsome young Santa, yay.
52. Decorated houses? Yay.
53. Extreme decorated houses? Ugh.
54. White Christmas morning? Yay.
55. Searching for ornaments in the attic? Yay.
56. Santa knowing when you’re sleeping and awake? Yay.
Name That Tune
57. “Outside the snow is falling and friends are calling.” Sleigh ride, that is easy.
58. “Good tidings for Christmas and a happy New Year.” We wish you a merry Christmas!
59. “The lights are turned way down low…” ???
60. “In the meadow we can build a snowman.” No idea…
61. “Oh what fun it is to ride in a one-horse open sleigh!” Jingle-Bells!
62. “Remember, Christ, our Savior was born on Christmas Day.” Nope.
63. “Not only green when summer’s here, but also when ’tis cold and drear.” Ahem.
64. “And Heaven, and Heaven and nature sing.” Joy to the World, maybe?
65. “Tis the season to be jolly, fa la la la la, la la la la.” Deck the Halls!
66. “Down through the chimney with lots of toys…” I am at a loss…
I am not very good at English Christmas songs, can someone tell me why?!
First Thought That Comes To Mind When You Hear…
67. Snowflake! Cold.68. Pinecones! Forrest?
69. Elves! That elf from Ella Enchanted who did not like singing but wanted to become a lawyer.
70. Sleigh! Russian fairytale films!
71. Presents! Ribbons!
72. Cookies! Yummy, hopefully with chocolate!
73. Misletoe! Kissing!
74. Rudolph! Red nose.
75. Blizzard! Very, very cold.
76. School’s Canceled! No such luck at university…
77. Ice Skating! Falling on your bud.
78. Santa’s Lap! Don’t wanna sit there.
79. Black Friday! Is not celebrated here.
80. God’s Son! Jesus.
81. Melting Snow! Not good for my shoes.
82. Lumps of Coal! Warm fire.
83. Nutcracker! Tschaikowsky
84. Ho Ho Ho! Father Christmas
85. North Pole! Sugar Canes.
What’s a Winter Activity YOU Do…
86. …In the snow by yourself? Make a snow angel.
87. …Inside by yourself? Wrapping gifts.
88. …In a public place (with/alone)? Visit Christmas markets, especially German ones!
89. …With friends/family in the snow at home? Nothing. It’s freezing!
90. …With friends/family inside at home? Watch fairytale films!
Grade/Rate Holiday Movies A – F
91. A Christmas Story. Haven’t watched that one.
92. How The Grinch Stole Christmas? B.
93. The Santa Clause? C.
94. Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer? Sweet B.
95. Frosty The Snowman? Haven’t watched.
96. Home Alone. C.
97. National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation. Haven’t watched.
98. Elf. Haven’t. watched.
99. Miracle on 34th Street. A!
100. A Charlie Brown Christmas. Haven’t watched.
The ____ Present You’ve Received?
101. Most expensive? A laptop.
102. Ugliest? A dark green pullover from my granny with an owl on it that made a strange sound when you touched it.
103. Worthless? Nevergot something like this.
104. Most-wanted (personally)? Harry Potter book 4, 5 and/or 6. They were published here around Christmas.
105. Most-wanted/popular (media frenzy)? Harry Potter books!
106. Unwanted? Old fashioned underwear bought by my granny.
107. Never-used? Look at the last one.
108. Exchanged for something else? I only exchange sweets with my brother.
109. Biggest (size)? The dollhouse my dad built.
110. Most meaningful? The dollhouse.
Christmas At My House…(one or the other)
111. Tree is fake/real? Always fake.
112. Tree is under/above 4′? Above.
113. Open presents Christmas Eve/Day? Christmas Eve.
114. House/entire yard is decorated? Not entirely.
115. Amount of presents under the tree? Decreasing.
116. Snowman is a male/female? Male.
117. Go for Santa/Jesus? Neither.
118. Homemade/delivered/takeout Christmas dinner? Homemade.
119. Bedtime is before/after midnight? After midnight.
120. Wake-up is before/after 7am? Never. Maybe at 9 am.
121. Go/don’t go to church on Christmas? Don’t.
122. Pray & sing Happy Birthday/do nothing before bed? Nothing.
123. Do shopping before/after Thanksgiving? I start shopping after my birthday in late October.
124. Low-key/over the top decorations (inside and out)? Somewhere in between.
Have You Ever?
125. Built a snowman? More than once.
126. Heard Santa’s sleigh? No.
127. Seen Santa & Rudolph in the sky? No.
128. Sat on Santa’s lap? No, never.
129. Shoveled the driveway/sidewalk? No.
130. Made snow angels? Definitely!
131. Built a fort/igloo? Yes!
132. Wrote a Christmas list? Yes.
133. Wrote a letter to Santa? Yes, think so.
134. Left cookies/milk for Santa & reindeer? Nope.
135. Caught a snowflake on your tongue? No.
136. Went caroling? No.
137. Got hurt during the winter season? Slipped hundreds of times.
138. Gone ice skating/sledding? Sledding.
139. Kissed under a mistletoe? No, but I want to!
140. Experienced/saw a miracle happen? No.
141. Get everything you wanted for Christmas? Yes.
142. Cooked/baked? Always.
Complete The Line
143. “Jolly Old Saint Nicholas, lean your ___ this way.” Maybe head?
144. “And children listen to hear ___ bells in the snow.” sleigh
145. “And on every street ___ you’ll hear silver bells.” …
146. “O night divine, O night when Christ was ___.” born
147. “All I want for Christmas is my ___ front teeth.” Lost?
148. “It’s beginning to ___ a lot like Christmas.” Look?
149. “Round yon virgin ___ and child.” mother
150. “Sing praises to our Heavenly ____.” Saviour?
151. Colour of Rudolph’s nose? Bright red, I’d say.
152. Jesus’ Virgin Mother? Mary.
153. What made Frosty come to life? His hat.
154. Two main colors of Christmas? Red and gold.
155. Does Mrs. Claus have a first name? Good question, has she indeed?
156. Where does Santa live? At Himmelspfort.
157. True love gave what on the second day of Christmas? 2 turtle doves.
158. What kind of nuts are roasting on an open fire? Chestnuts.
Make Up Your Own Christmas Tale
159. Once upon a time, there was a: cute little white bunny named Bingley
160. Who couldn’t stop: eating carrots and munching hay
161. After a while, he fell asleep next to a: another even smaller bunny named Small Rabbit
162. When they woke, there was: a lot of playing and frolicking.
163. Thanks to them, Christmas: could be celebrated together.
How Does He Do It?
162. Get down the chimney? Gravitation baby!
163. Deliver presents all over the world? With his super-sleigh.
164. Get so fat and still act so jolly? Does being fat mean he has to be unhappy? Nah…
165. Recruit reindeer for sleigh-pulling lessons? Goes to Finnland and asks friendly.
166. Provide compensation for elves making toys? Chocolate? I’d do it for chocolate.
167. Stay unseen from the rest of the world? I don’t know about you but I’ve seen him.
Would It Still Be Christmas Without…
168. Candy canes? Yes.
169. Snow? Yes.
170. Stores opening at 5am? Yes.
171. Winter vacation? No. With all the cooking and stuff to do?!
172. Visiting family & friends? No.
173. Fake Santas? Yes.
174. Christmas trees? No.
175. New holiday movies? Yes.
176. Getting holiday greeting cards/email? Yes.
177. Holiday tunes? Yes.
Share Your Stories in 1 Sentence
178. The best Christmas you’ve had. When I was still a girl and dad and granny were still around.
179. The most upsetting Christmas you’ve had? Last one.
180. One hilarious Christmas blooper? Telling someone by a slip of the tongue what they’ll get as a gift.
True Or False
181. You prefer to stay inside where it’s warm? So true!
182. You’ve given something (or $) to charity? False.
183. You spent more than what people spent on you? Probably true.
184. You like to take your time opening presents? False.
185. The thing you want most this year costs $100+? False.
186. You expect to get more than 10 presents this year? False.
187. You’re a Scrooge/Grinch? Very false.
188. Christmas = snow? False.
189. You know the lyrics to more than 25 Christmas songs? True.
190. Three best things about Christmas? The soft light, the harmonic atmosphere and lots of chocolate!
191. Worst Christmas song? The one by Heidi Klum!
192. If you were a Christmas character, who would you be? The sugar fairy from the Nussknacker suite by Tschaikowsky.
193. What type of decoration should stop being made? Tinsel made of lead. It’s toxic.
194. Tastiest holiday treat? Uhm, chocolate? I’m a sweet tooth!
195. Favorite pop culture/stereotypical Christmas icon (noun)? Scrooge.
196. Know how to make cookies/brownies/cake from scratch? Definitely!
197. Ever cut your mouth on a candy cane/candy? Yes.
198. What other culture would you like to experience Christmas with? I’d like to experience a real Hanukkah.
199. What kind of pattern/pictures do you like on your wrapping paper? Something grown up, no fat Santas or snowmen. Stars, bells and snow flakes.
200. Will you make a Christmas picture for your blog/website/profile? Don’t think so.
Taken from http://chalkdust.mitchellkdwyer.net/